CARS.COM — Can brake fluid go bad? Indeed it can, and you might not be able to tell if it has just by looking.
Most cars have see-through reservoirs for brake fluid under the hood so that owners can check at a glance to make sure it’s at the proper level. That, however, tells you nothing about the condition of the fluid.
Brake fluid absorbs water over time, particularly in areas with high humidity, when moisture seeps through rubber hoses and seals. Water reduces the boiling point of brake fluid, and in situations that put high demands on your brakes — such as mountain driving, towing or making repeated hard stops — the fluid can become so hot that it impairs stopping ability or causes temporary loss of braking power.
Ok, so you haven’t washed your car since disco was king. But you get your oil changed, replace old parts, and keep it running like new. So what’s the big deal? It’s just dirt right?
Well, a filthy car can be more than just smelly. It might actually be damaging your ride…and your wallet!
Dirt Can Hurt
One way or the other, your car’s going to get dirty. So what happens if you don’t wash it off (besides kids writing “Wash Me” on it)?
Dirt build up can act like sandpaper, wearing down and weakening the paint.
Dirt can mix with rain and other pollutants, etching paint right off.
Other things, like sap and bird droppings will ruin your paint even faster.
Why is Paint so Important?
The color of your car is a big deal. It might define your personality (lime green? Must be a
- Is the vehicle 4 Wheel Drive? if so does it work properly?
- Do you have a clean Carfax?
- Has it ever been repainted?
- Are there any signs of smoking or pets?
- Do all the windows and locks work?
- Do all of the lights, wipers and stereo work?
- Do the turn signals and cruise control work?
The #MartinLutherKingJr #Holiday celebrates the life and legacy of a man who brought hope and healing to #America. #HertzUsedCarSales
- Cars were seen as the “green” alternative of transportation in the early 20th century because horses were causing so much pollution with their poop.
- The Honda CR-V originally came with a picnic table.
- The Ford GT broke the crushing machine used in the “roof crush” safety test because it’s so strong.
- More… http://thenewswheel.com/10-fun-car-facts-you-probably-didnt-know/#The-Machine-Crusher